frenchOn parle francais

frenchHablamos español

frenchNoi parliamo italiano

Serving California Since 1998

Call Us Today 951-698-4200 | Toll Free: 833-525-5728

How Can People Injured in California Truck Accidents Get Financial Compensation? 

 Posted on October 25, 2022 in Truck Accidents

riverside county truck crash injury lawyerEvery year, thousands of people die in truck accidents. Many tens of thousands more are seriously injured. After losing a loved one or suffering personal injury in a serious California truck accident, you may be overwhelmed and unsure of where to seek help. This might be especially true if you are unable to return to work because of your injuries, or if you are suffering from the grief of losing a parent, child, or spouse. If this sounds familiar to you, you have options. A California personal injury attorney can examine your case and work to get you the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering. 

Meet with a Personal Injury Lawyer

Truck accidents are often complex events that have more than one cause. Determining which driver or condition was responsible for an accident can require extensive investigation by someone who is experienced in truck accidents, California personal injury law, insurance company negotiations, and courtroom litigation. A personal injury attorney is just the person who can help with all of these areas. Amassing evidence, reconstructing a crash scene with the help of accident professionals, and managing negotiations to make sure you get a fair payout are just some of the ways that personal injury attorneys can help after a truck crash. 

What Kind of Damages Can I Recover? 

The kind of damages (money) you can recover will depend on the seriousness of the accident, the losses you experienced, and the percentage of the accident for which each involved party was at fault. The answer is different in every case. However, many cases involve damages for physical pain and suffering, the cost of medical treatment, lost wages, and even other, harder to quantify categories, like loss of consortium (the loss of the benefits of a close relationship). Except for medical malpractice cases, California does not place maximum limits on personal injury damages. 

Can I Get Compensation For an Accident Even if I Was Partially At Fault? 

Even if your actions, or the actions of your deceased loved one, contributed to the cause of a truck accident, California is what is known as a “pure comparative negligence state.” This means that even if you were responsible for 99 percent of a truck accident, you can still bring a personal injury lawsuit to collect damages for the remaining 1 percent that was the truck driver’s, truck manufacturer’s, or shipping company’s fault. Of course, accidents are rarely 99 percent the fault of one party, so even if you were partly at fault, make sure to speak with an attorney. 

Call a Temecula, CA Truck Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation

Trucking accidents can leave people with serious, long-term injuries which can make it impossible to work and which require expensive medical treatment. If you have been hurt in a crash with a big rig, schedule a free consultation with a Riverside County truck accident attorney right away. The sooner you begin your case, the easier it will be to collect evidence and ensure you get the full compensation to which you are entitled. Call Maineri Law Firm at 951-698-4200 today. 




Share this post:
Back to Top